The Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) awards ten (10) scholarships each year, each worth $1,000, through its Project SHARE Scholarship Program. BPUB sends the funds for the awarded recipients directly to the applicable Financial Aid Office for disbursement.
- The Applicant must reside in a household with a minimum of one of three utility services from BPUB (Water, Wastewater or Electric).
- The BPUB account must be the Applicant's primary residence and have a minimum of one year of utility service with BPUB from the application deadline date.
- The Applicant must be a graduating high school student.
- Applicants must attend an accredited institution of higher education located in the United States of America. All majors qualify.
Application Package Checklist
APPLICATION PACKAGES SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE OR MISSING ANY OF THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED.
- A complete and signed BPUB Project SHARE Scholarship Application.
- The most recent copy of the parent or guardian's BPUB bill or statement of charges.
- An Academic Data Verification form signed by the Student's Counselor.
- A typed 500-600 word essay. Essays not meeting the word count requirement will not be considered.
- Scholarship applications are accepted by the scholarship deadline local time. Late or incomplete applications that do not meet the stated above requirements or fail to provide the required documents will not be considered.
Fill out the online application. Upload the necessary documents listed above along with your essay. Only online applications will be accepted.
Deadline for Submission
BPUB will accept online scholarship applications until Monday, March 6, 2023, at 5 p.m. local time. BPUB must receive the application packet by the given deadline.
The Brownsville Public Utilities Board will not be responsible in the event that third-party browsers, ISPs or connectivity systems fail to deliver the online application packet to the BPUB by the given deadline.